Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wizard Walking Stick (completed)

Finally, here are some picture of the completed Wizard Walking Stick I did a while back. After much deliberation, I decided on a finish of Watco Danish Oil (natural) and two coats of  Spar Marine Varnish over that for protection against the elements. I buffed the thoroughly dried project on a lambswool buffing wheel. For the bottom tip, I secured a length of copper pipe fitting with some two-part epoxy. It hasn't seen any hiking action yet, but it will this summer.

7 comments:

Gilles said...

I love it.

AveBarnett said...

Very impressive, Great job!
antique walking sticks

Unknown said...

Thanks. I'm thining of making a shorter, "cane" version. Maybe in walnut.

Guumaster said...

Hi. Very nice job. Which wood is it?

Guumaster said...

or which wood would you recommend for this kind of walking sticks? thanks

Unknown said...

Gustavo, Hi, I used aspen for this one.

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving me information about walking sticks. your blog is very appreciable and quite. Healthgenie .in provides wide range of walking sticks.Thank you